Medication and vaccination have traditionally played a major role in treating diseases but it is now widely accepted that they cannot, in isolation, prevent losses due to disease. Modern farming methods demands an all-encompassing holistic approach.
Unless the background challenge from disease organisms can be controlled, and good management practices strictly followed, medication and vaccination alone are not capable of adequately protecting stock. Livestock must be given an environment in which disease and infection is controlled to the point where vaccination and medication can achieve beneficial effects. Biosecurity is a key element in this
triangle of disease control methods.
ULTRAXIDE Plus is an improved formula of quaternary ammonium compounds, glutaraldehyde and natural plant extract. Its synergistic combination has a superior effect against all groups of pathogenic microorganisms such as viruses, bacteria, fungi and spores.
Glutaraldehyde, compatible blend of quaternary ammonium compounds and natural plant extract
Mechanism of Action
– Quaternary ammonium compounds denatures the proteins of cell, affecting the metabolic reactions
of the cell and allowing vital constituents to leak out of the cell
– Glutaraldehyde forms hydroxy-methylene bridges with proteins in the cell wall
– Glutaraldehyde inhibit RNA, DNA and protein synthesis
– Terpene derivatives act as insect repellent, antiseptic, antiviral and bactericidal activity for
Advantages of Ultraxide Plus
– Independently proven to kill bacteria, viruses and fungi
– Fast acting and control farm insect load
– Multi-use for surfaces, equipment, vehicles, water systems, footbaths and aerial disinfection
– Effective in soft and hard water and with an organic challenge
– Environmental friendly
– Safe for the operator (when used as directed)
Directions For Use
Apply Ultraxide Plus at the rate of 1:150 -1:400 for general disinfection using pressure washer or
other mechanical sprayer.
Applications of Ultraxide Plus
Wash room 1:150
Egg storage room 1:320
Livestock Building 1:150
Drinking water 1:3000
Foot and wheel bath 1:100