Zacox is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that has an anticoccidial property. Sulphacloxine acts by inhibiting the nucleic acid synthesis of bacteria and coccidian-sensitive species thus preventing replication. Coccidiosis causes severe damage along the intestinal tract of poultry causing excessive bleeding. Zacox contains Vitamin K3 to support hemorrhagic lesions caused by coccidia.
Sulphaclozine Sodium Monohydrate ………… 300.0 g
Vitamin K3 …………………………………….. 2.0 g
– For the treatment of coccidiosis caused by Eimeria species. Elmeria acervulina (upper small intestine). E. mazima and E. necatrix (small intestine), E. tenella (caecum) and E. brunetti (lower segment of the gus) in rearing chickens, broilers, pullets and layers.
– For the treatment of coccidiosis in turkey caused by E. adenoides (small intestine, cauecum andlarge intestine) or E. meteagrimitis (duodenum and small intestine).
– For the treatment of Fowl Cholera caused by Pasteurella multocida.
– For the treatment of Fowl Typhoid caused by Salmonella gallinarum.
Dosage & Administration
For general treatment of coccidiosis:
– Mix 100 g per 100 L of drinking water and medicate for 3 days. Repeat after a 2 days break if necessary.
For Salmonellosis and Pasteurellosis treatment:
– Mix 100-200 g per 100 L of drinking water and medicate for 5 days.
– 7 days before slaughter.
– Eggs laid during treatment and for 3 days thereafter should not be used for human consumption.
Contraindications and Warning
– During period of treatment through water medication, the birds must not be allowed access to any other water source.
– The medicated water should be freshly prepared each day. No change should be made in the birds’ feed.
Store in a cool and dry place. Avoid direct heat and sunlight. Store away from toxic chemicals.
Zacox is packed in 100g, 500g and 1kg sachets.